This statement sets out how C & E Plant Sales Ltd uses your personal data.
Your acceptance of this policy, and our right to change it
By using our website or providing your information you consent to us collecting and using the information you provide in the ways set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site or services. We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them.
Defining personal data
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
This policy applies to our website, my use of emails for sales purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is C & E Plant Sales Limited of Poppe Works, Tatworth, Chard, TA20 2NX, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve my services. We collect personal information such as name, postal address, phone number and email address. We collect this information in connection with specific produce enquiries, catalogue requests and sale. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our site. However, for our services, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
• fulfil your requests as a customer
• record any contact we have with you
• communicate with you
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
• We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court
• We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of visitors to our premises or website
• We are working with a third party supplier to provide you with a product or service.
Storing your information
Information is stored securely on our computer. We make every effort to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. When we no longer need information we will always dispose of it securely in line with legislation.
What I don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include:
1. Right to be informed – transparency over use of personal data, typically through a privacy notice
2. Right of access – a copy of your data must be provided within one calendar month of the request being received
3. Right of rectification in the event that data is inaccurate or incomplete
4. Right to erasure of all personal data held on a subject, where certain conditions apply
5. Right to restrict processing to storage of data only
6. Right to data portability – data subject has a right to a copy of their data in a common format
7. Right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
8. Right not to be subject to automatic decision making, including profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us: email@example.com
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies. Blocking all cookies might, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours.
Links to third party websites
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use data please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org